Saturday 10 November 2012


EXCERPT FROM A TRANSCRIPT OF AN INTERVIEW, BETWEEN XXXXXXXXXX (THE CLAIRVOYANT) AND XXXXXXXXXX (THE CLIENT)
Excerpt begins on recording at 10minutes 46 seconds and ends at 12 minutes 47 seconds.
Clairvoyant: ‘there’s deep distress here in your future and it feels like it’s got to do with children…..and it’s like….it’s like…..i feel like I’ve lost you…..and….yeah……I feel like I’ve lost them’
…..long seconds of silence, broken by sounds of the client attempting to control her breath, and her tears……
Clairvoyant: ‘okay….well, moving on from this because this one makes me too sad…..and……we’ve got to the stage where, i’ve already told you that you…..ultimately you are going to be happy, and it’s really important because this one makes me terribly, terribly unhappy…..now, you asked me straight off I could say when, but I can’t say when things will happen, because they happen……some things don’t have a beginning, a middle and an ending, because it’s happening now….and it’s just so important for you, to progress past this….and to avoid conflict over this at all costs….to avoid any  perpetration of conflict to do with this at all costs…..because we do not want you living with regret….and I’m your whole soul and your family and all your friends and everything in here (gesturing to several cards in the spread)….and there (gesturing to another card in the spread), there’s your threat…..
…..long seconds of silence….
‘you’re up against an enemy….do you know what I mean? To do with your kids…..this says you’re up against an enemy. I don’t know who it is or what it is, if it’s human being or what it is…..i don’t know what it is…..but basically, this whole thing about motherhood…..it’s….it’s up in the air….it’s like…..”what have I done?”….. 

These are the words I paid $140 (plus petrol) to hear. Well, some of them, anyway.  Many other events and processes were discussed in the reading: elsewhere there is a swarthy foreigner mentioned; a failed business; a court case; a nervous breakdown and ultimately, a long life and an image of me as a happy and contented old woman.
These are the words I paid dearly for, in the context of one child’s battle with incurable disease.
With these words, a fragile balance has tipped. I am adrift. I am literally floating on my own sea of tears. And despite crying a river, my body is so full of the unshed, that I positively ache with them.
So, it’s a chronicle of grief I’m writing.
And it’s a chronicle of healing.
Because I know I won’t give up. So there must be a way through to the other side of this.
Right now, I don’t know how, I can’t possibly envisage a route that will take me there. However, I believe that I will get there.

Perhaps this is the beginning of the book I was always destined to write?

1 comment:

Helena Post said...

Oh darlin.....the future is unwritten!! And is always changeable. I used to do tarot readings, and have always hung out with mediums and clairvoyants and readers, and they're just human. I've also had lots of readings, and I'd have to say, no matter what the reputation, and how good they were, they've never got much right really. I've come to think that they're just really good at reading your mind. Which is groovy in and of itself. But not an accurate prediction of future events. All the readers I've known have more told me what was on my mind, and what I was thinking about generally at the time, rather than any true future. You don't have to take this on!!